It is terrifying to die with regrets. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have somebody hand over the manual to us on ‘how not to die with regrets’? Well, if not a complete manual, here are top ten things old people regret not doing. Read to know what to do, to not only live a wonderful life but also depart it unregretful.
1. Make Mistakes: Making mistakes is a part of learning. Take time to look at your mistakes and learn where you went wrong to avoid being in the same place twice. Not making mistakes is one of the regrets people have before they die, don’t be one of them.
2. Leave Comfort Zone: Comfort zones are a huge waste of your resourceful time. Don’t do the same thing and call it a life. A comfort zone is a limit; break it, take risks and find your true calling.
3. Health Comes First: Nothing is more important than your health. Excessive smoking, drinking, and eating effects the quality of your life gradually and then all at once. Indulge in healthier practices and make the most of your life.
4. Manage Your Anger: Don’t let your anger get the best of you. It is a natural emotion and to experience is sometimes is justifiable. However, don’t make your life, relations, and happiness become a slave of your anger.
5. Stay Connected: At the end, it is not your money or the materials that value but your family and friends that do. No matter how busy you are, make time for your loved ones and keep in constant touch with them.
6. Avoid Toxic People: Keeping away from the toxic lot of people is also a key to happiness. Life is short; avoid spending it with people that are toxic and challenge your happiness.
7. Be A Learner: Education may come to end, but learning never does. Completing your college is the not the end to your learning. Ending the practice of educating yourself and learning new things ends your chances of growing.
8. Give Back: It feels great to be on the receiving end but nothing can beat the satisfaction of giving back. Nothing ever goes back with us when we die; be a giver whether of money or of wisdom.
9. Love Your Job: Love your job and if you don’t start doing something that you love. It is very important to love our job when the maximum amount of our time is spent working. Hating your job is wasting the most precious years of life.
10. Be Yourself: Lastly, be yourself. You cannot please everybody that you come across in your life. Being yourself not only brings you peace but also happiness, because you can then do what you want and not what others expect you to do.
You are the author of your life and it’s never too late to make changes and fix faults. Bring in the suggested life-changes and avoid the 10 biggest regrets on your deathbed.
Suggested reads: 10 Really Good Books to Read Before You Die