Donald Trump, the new president of the United States, needs no introduction. He’s been on front pages of most newspapers for some time now. Most people know him from the society pages, or as a media mogul who transformed the business world with his famous show The Apprentice. But did you know these surprising facts about Donald Trump?
- Trump’s mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, was a Scottish immigrant, and his paternal grandparents came from Germany. Ironically, Trump has taken the toughest stand against immigrants in America.
- He attended New York Military Academy, there he was a renowned athlete and leader of students. However, Trump avoided the Vietnam War draft using a medical deferment.
- Trump’s bold and magnificent architectural designs started catching attention when he moved to Manhattan in 1971.
- In 1973, at the age of 27, he oversaw Trump Management Corporation’s 14,000 apartments across Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
- In 2005, Trump sued a book’s author for citing anonymous sources claiming that his net worth ranged between $150 and $250 million. He said that erroneous information caused him to lose out on deals around the world.
- Trump’s annual income is staggering $400 million. Forbes’ estimation of Trump’s net worth was $4 billion in 2015. But he released financial statements that stated a net worth of $9 billion.
- Trump has served as financial adviser to Boxing legend Mike Tyson. He bought the United States Football League’s New Jersey Generals in 1983, sold it off and purchased it back before the 1984 season.
- Before kicking off his political career, Trump financially supported both the Democrats and the Republicans for over 20 years.
- Trump is a non-alcoholic. His brother died because of excessive drinking in 1982.
- The fictional Wayne Enterprises in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Night Rises” was actually Trump’s residence, Trump Tower.
We hope you enjoyed these rather interesting and little known facts about Donald Trump.
Suggested reads: Top 10 Funny People in the World