Continuing the company’s strategy of focusing on masses, especially in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities, Reliance Jio has finally begun the commercial roll out of its 4G VoLTE services in India. The telecom operator had started testing the network back in December, and expanded it to end users with its insanely popular Jio Preview Offer.
Reliance, the company has announced some aggressive tariff plans. Here is a list of things to know about Reliance Jio 4G:
1. Tariff Plans
• The subscriber needs to pay one price for Jio services including both data as well as voice.
• 1GB of 4G data for Rs 50
• The effective rate of data would be 5p/MB, or Rs 50/GB.
• Unlimited data usage at night to be excluded from the existing data plan.
2. Free Voice Calls
• Domestic voice calls would be absolutely free including those made to the other operators as well.
• No roaming charges across the nation
• Eliminated all complex telecom charges like black-out days
3. All IP Network
• Created an all IP Network
• Most extensive and future-proof network in the country
• Strong network covering 18,000 cities and towns and about 200,000 villages
4. Budget Smartphones
• Smartphones price start at Rs 2,999
• Launched a few of its budget smartphones under its LYF brand
• Smartphones come with the VoLTE support
5. Launching Offer
• Launching on September 5
• Launching offer of free and unlimited usage to Jio’s suite of services including voice, data and other bundled applications.
• Offer valid till December 31, 2016
6. Offers for Students
• Students with valid student identity cards will be benefited with 25 per cent extra on every tariff plan.
• Special plans for the students
7. Offers for Entrepreneurs
• Special offers for enterprise users such as high-end broadband plans
• Reasonable tariff plans for international roaming users
• Several plans to come in the next couple of days as well
8. Fast Activation of New Accounts
• Activation of new connection within 15 minutes
• With an e-KYC system, users will get their SIM cards through their Aadhar card
9. Special attention on Wi-Fi
• Reliance Jio is planning to set up one million Wi-Fi hotspots by the next year
• hotspots will help to reduce the network blockage
10. Fibre Segment
• Reliance Jio is planning to attempt into the fibre segment to give the users ultra-high speed broadband connections to users
• the service will roll out in the selected cities and will be available in the top 100 cities in the future
Suggested reads: Top Ten Guinness World Record