Virat Kohli, the golden boy of Indian cricket recently touched down on the record of 4 double-centuries. This brings him a step closer to the hall of fame that includes the names of Don Bradman, Brian Lara, Virender Sehwag, Graeme Smith, and our very own cricket god − Sachin Tendulkar. This ‘rowdy’ right-handed batsman is known for his under-19 2008 World Cup in Malaysia where India won by 12 runs. But did you know Virat Kohli is also known by the name Cheeku? Well, we’re sure you’re not aware of a lot of facts about Virat.
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about him!
- Virat is also known as Cheeku among his teammates. His coach Ajit Choudhary named him after the Cheeku the Rabbit, a Champak comic character since both appeared to have the same haircut.
- He is the fastest cricketer to complete 7,500 runs in one-day finals through 167 innings. Previously, this record was held by AB de Villers, who completed the same in 174 innings.
- Virat Kohli is the only player whose test average beats 50 in all the formats of cricket, namely test, one-day and 20-20.
- In Indian cricket, Virat Kohli has made the quickest ODI century. He made 100 runs from 52 balls.
Virat Kohli is the only Indian batsman after Saurav Ganguly, who managed to score more than a thousand runs for four continuous years.
- A bit of good-luck charm does no harm. Virat Kohli wears black wristbands and his Kada to attract fortune on his side.
- Virat Kohli loves tattoos. He has his zodiac sign-Scorpio, ‘Faith’ Chinese symbol, and an awesome looking Samurai etched on his skin.
- Virat’s Lucky number is 18. When he joined the under-19 team, he started off with a No 18 jersey.
- The fastest Indian cricketer to reach 1000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 ODI runs.
- Virat was one among the 10 best dressed men in the world in 2012.
- In 2014, he was ranked as the 2nd most marketable athlete in the world.
Would you like to add something more about Virat Kohli to the list? Let us know!
Suggested reads: Top Ten Cricket World Cup Records