Top 10 Guinness world records
Guinness book of world records keep a record of some of the uncommon acts that is quite difficult to perform if the record holder lacks determination and will power. These amazing acts are performed by normal human beings like you and me but, they have something different them. Here are some of the top Guinness world records.
- Youngest person to write a published book: The youngest person to get her book published at the age of four years is Dorothy Straight of Washington, DC, USA. She wrote the book titles “How the world began” in the year 1962. It was published in the year 1964. In the year 2005 a male child aged five achieved this record and he got his book named Aprender e Facil.
- Most books toppled: Staff from United biscuits UK sales team marked their annual sales conference and make it memorable by successfully toppling over 5318 Guinness world records 2015 annuals at old Windsor in Berkshire.
- The third mention is in the name of Erika Leonard James, as the most successful adult fiction Author. Within a period of 12 months, this ambitious author broke the previous record of highest earning in adult fiction of 91 million Dollars in a span of one year. Her total earnings during the period of June 2012 to June 2013 stretched up to 95 million Dollars.
- If you are exclaimed with the above records, then the next one is definitely going to blow your mind off. It is about the famous book “Harry Potter and the deathly hallows” the seventh and final part authored by JK Rowling. This book made the record of selling 8.3 million copies within twenty four hours of its launch that means 345,833 copies per hour. Though there are many on the name of this author like her bagged 300 million Dollars as highest earned child book author.
- Longest marathon reading
This one is from Nepal. Deepak Sharma has got his name mentioned in the Guinness book of world records as he continued reading the longest marathon about 113 hours and 15 minutes. He continued reading at Tudikhel Ground, Kathmandu, Nepal from 19 to 24 September, 2008.
- Passion can also help in getting your name registered with Guinness book of world records. This statement is true in case of “Kalamandlam Hemaletha” a dancer from Kerala. She went on to dance for about 123 hours and 15 minutes.
- One for Guinness world record is in the name of Shreya Rakesh Limbo. This five year old wonder covered 48.1 meters on her skates under 27 cars in 23 seconds.
- Fastest hundred meter hurdles wearing swimming fins, individual, female
This record was made by one lady named Maren Zonker of Germany in the year 2008. She wore swimming fins and crossed hundred meter hurdles in 22.35 seconds. Amazing act performed by the lady. Cheers to women’s power.
- Fan following of Smurfs can be anticipated from this Guinness world records. It was July 18 of the year 2008, near about 1253 people of Ireland dressed up as Smurfs in Muckno Mania festival. It was like there was no other colour in the environment except blue and white.
- Third in this list comes Joel Waul, a man obsessed with rubber bands. He made the largest ball using only rubber bands weighing 4097 kilograms in the year 2008. It was almost difficult to drag by a single body.
Though the above Guinness world record mentioned are just a small drop in the ocean. Guinness book of world records has much more to say.